Class 10th is the first and most important milestone in the life of a student. This is the grade that decides your future as the marks you acquire in your 10th standard help you in choosing your stream. The stream you choose on the basis of these marks decides your whole future.
A subject like science contains a vast variety of topics in the syllabus and it became difficult for the students to understand which chapter is more important for the purpose of exams. So, in this article, we are going to tell you about the discipline-wise topics or chapters in 10th Science which are considered as the most important chapters for the purpose of CBSE Boards.
IMPORTANT CHAPTERS AND TOPICS IN CHEMISTRY
Chapter 1- Chemical Reactions and Equations – This topic is the highest-weighing chapter in 10th chemistry. It carries around 7 – 8 marks.
- All the definitions and examples of different kinds of reactions are also frequently asked.
- Balancing the equations is also important.
Chapter 2 -Acids Basis and Salts–This chapter carries the weight of 5 – 7 marks.
- All the reaction names and formulas are important in this chapter.
- The Concept of general reactions of acids and bases.
Chapter 4 – Carbon and Its Compounds–The marks carried by this chapter is around 6-8 marks.
- Reactions and properties of ethanol and ethanoic.
- IUPAC nomenclature dot structure is also important.
Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements –This chapter is also vital for the 10th Board.
- Achievements and Limitations of the periodic tables of all ages.
- Modern Periodic Table.
IMPORTANT CHAPTERS AND TOPICS IN BIOLOGY
Chapter 6 – Life Processes – This chapter carries around 8 marks weightage.
- Photosynthesis and Autotrophic Nutrition.
- Nutrition in Amoeba.
- Nutrition in Humans.
- Importance of salivary amylase, mucus in the stomach, bile juice, HCL, Villi, small intestine.
- Respiratory system, exchange of gases, transportation in xylem and phloem.
- Double Circulation in Humans.
- Excretion Function, excretory system, renal dialysis.
- All the diagrams of NCERT are important.
Chapter 7 – Control and Coordination –It carries a weightage of approximately 5 – 7 marks.
- Control and coordination in plants v/s animals
- The nervous system in animals
- Structure and function of neuron
- Part of the brain and its functions and the Central nervous system.
- Coordination in plants and animals
Chapter 8 – How do organisms Reproduce – Marks carried by this chapter range from 5-7 approx.
- Difference between Sexual and Asexual Reproduction and their role in evolution.
- Methods of Asexual Reproduction.
- Reproduction in plants and humans
- Changes during puberty and methods of contraception.
- All the diagrams.
Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution – Carries 5-7 marks.
- All the topics in this chapter are important.
IMPORTANT CHAPTERS AND TOPICS IN PHYSICS.
Chapter 10 – Light– This chapter carries 6-8 marks in weightage.
- All the topics are important
Chapter 12 – Electricity – Weightage is 7 marks.
- Ohm’s law, a combination of resistors, and heating effects.
Chapter – 13 – Magnetic Effect of electric current –This chapter can give you 6 marks
- Magnetic fields line around a circular loop and Straight wire.
- Fleming left and right-hand rule.
- Electric motor and electric dynamo.